Friday, May 30, 2008

Desiree's 5th Grade Recognition

Well this one of the saddest days in my life. One of my babies is moving on to Middle School. Well actually both of them will be going on to Middle School, but one of them is home schooled(Phillip). We are so proud of Des, she was recognized for being a Eagle Pride student, student of the month and for being commended on her TASK test. I love her so much. I took this picture right before school. Her last day of Elementary. I did this thing where I would take the kids picture of their first day and last day. I have one of Nicole on her first day of her Senior year at Vegas High and one of Phillip at his first day at Goldfarb. We really miss those schools. Here Des is getting her certificate from her teacher Ms. Guerra and principal Ms. Patterson. I know its blurry, Phillip was helping and taking some pictures.

Here are the principals of the two Middle Schools that the kids from Forest North go two. My babies are not going to either one. If we stay they will go to Leander ISD or if we go back to Harney Middle School.


I thought I would throw this picture in. I cried so much this day. We didn't think that we were going to make it. I am so proud of this girl. She is my baby. She did two years of High School in one year. Nicole was the first one of our kids to graduate and now I look forward to Phillip and Des graduating. I know that will be even harder, knowing that they are all gone and I have to be home alone with Chris.(Just kidding)

I felt bad for Phil as we got to the school to watch Des and he saw some of his old friends. I asked him if he was ok with not having a graduation and being there with his old class and friends. He turned and looked at me so serious and said "I don't care about any of those things, I learned more at being home and I was away from HER(Ms. McKenzie)". Even so, I decided that he would get a little celebration of his own. He has to do a little more work, since he came into home schooling a little late. He will be done at the end of June. He is doing so much better. I know that next year may be a little difficult and some getting use to but he is ready to go.