Friday, May 30, 2008

Just Add WATER!!!!!!!!!

Just add water.. Who ever made that up is a genius. This package is the best thing ever made. You just add water and knead the dough and roll the tortillas out. It has the directions on the back and no more guessing how much water, salt, shortening, and baking powder. I love this stuff. I could never find it in Vegas. I remember Rose(mother) having a big tub of this stuff. She made me learn how to make them when I was 16, saying that one day I will marry a Hispanic and he will want home made tortillas. And I still regret the day I ever told Chris that I knew how to make them. But with this stuff I don't mind making them.


Here are some that are rolled up and rolled out. I love my rolling pin. It is kinda like a granite kind I love it.

Here are some more rolled out. I usually try to make about a dozen or so, that way we can have some for leftovers. But with Chris always stealing one, usually the first one and putting butter on it. So we are lucky if we have about 4 to 6 the next day.

Here is my rolling pin and towel where I put them when I'm done. I really need to get a warmer. Maybe I will get one when we go to San Antonio. I also need to pick up a griddle. Chris got me one for mother's day, but that thing is a pain trying to season it.

And finally the end result. Yes I know that my stove is dirty. Chris was making dinner and he usually gets everything dirty. He also feels that he must use all the pans. So if any of you want a package of this WONDERFUL stuff just let me know and on its way it will go.