Saturday, May 17, 2008

The New Martha Stewart











So I have decided that I am going to be the next Martha Stewart. I have found this new fascination with cooking, baking and making things. I make my own icing, it is great. The other day I mad chocolate cupcakes with orange icing. They were great. I put a little orange zest to make it that much better. I was telling Chris the other day that I am going to open up my own shop and sell all kinds of things. Not to long ago we in search for an old game system and someone told us to go to a pawn shop to see what they have. Instead of finding the system, I found a sewing machine. I feel in love and I had to have it. Well Chris ( and if you know my hubby) says you got a job and your own money buy it. It was only $25, can you believe it. I couldn't so I bought it. I was all excited to get started. I even went to Wal-Mart to buy their cheap material so I can make something.

Well here is thing with buying stuff at a pawn shop. It was missing a major piece, the bobbin case. I didn't let it get to me. I went in search of the bobbin case for it. I finally bought after a month. So now I am sewing anything and everything. I want to make a skirt for Des for when we go to church. We'll see. Right now I like making curtains and couch pillows.


I have just been called to serve as a Co-Teacher for the Valiant 11 year old class.

I am very excited. Since we had moved here I had not had a calling. So I finally went and talked with my Bishop and next thing I am getting a calling. Phil and Des are happy cause now I am their teacher. This a picture of the Houston Temple. I think it is so beautiful. I still miss seeing and being able to drive 5 min. to see the beautiful Las Vegas Temple. But who knows I may end up back there real soon...